Endometriosis is a condition in which the inner lining of the uterus, which is known as endometrium, undergoes an abnormal condition and grows on the outer lining of the uterus. This condition is extremely painful as with each menstrual cycle this extra amount of tissue also continues to bleed but the tissue becomes trapped since it does not have any way to exit the body. Endometriosis does not cause irregularity in menstrual cycle but certainly causes tremendous pain and can even lead to infertility problems but at ARC, several treatments are available to combat this condition.
What Causes Endometriosis?
Some of the causes of endometriosis are listed below:
- In certain situations, various hormones lead to the transformation of the peritoneum cells into endometrial cells. The hormones may also transform the embryonic cells into the endometrial cells at the embryonic stage of development. This leads to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation is also one of the major reasons behind endometriosis. In this form of menstruation, blood flows back into the body instead of flowing out of the body, flowing specifically into the pelvic cavity. This blood going back into the body contains the endometrial cells which attach themselves to the outer portion of the uterus causing endometriosis.
- Problems with the immune system or even surgical scars can lead to endometriosis.
What are the Symptoms of Endometriosis?
- Endometriosis is always accompanied with tremendous menstrual pain and cramps which may last for days.
- Women often experience excessive bleeding during periods and even bleeding between two consecutive menstrual cycle.
- Painful sexual intercourse is also one of the common symptoms of endometriosis.
- Endometriosis may also sometimes lead to infertility and inability to become pregnant.
- Fatigue, constipation, and diarrhea are some of the secondary symptoms of diarrhea.
What are the Factors that Lead to Endometriosis?
Several risk factors are involved with endometriosis some of which are listed below.
- The major risk factor is not having given birth to a child before.
- Those who have menopause at a later age also have a tendency of developing endometriosis.
- Increased alcohol consumption can also increase the risk of developing the condition.
- Women who have shorter menstrual cycles have also been reported to develop endometriosis.
- Various uterine abnormalities also lead to endometriosis.
- It may also result if any family member had suffered from the condition before thus the root cause may also be genetical.
Why Should you Choose ARC for Treating Endometriosis?
- ARC has been effectively treating patients suffering from endometriosis and has delivered successful results in doing so.
- Pain medications, hormone therapy, surgeries and assisted reproductive technology are some of the treatment procedures provided at ARC to treat the condition of endometriosis.
- The doctors at ARC take required care of their patients and the staff members are greatly helpful in every kind of assistance.
- The main aim of ARC is to bring a smile on the patient’s face and we have been successful to bring a smile on the face of many mothers.